As the tech lead of a startup, a founder-CTO faces many tradeoffs allocating his time. The “business founders” want you to be shipping more features — the visible roadmap. But you need to balance that with many other responsibilities:
- Recruiting, managing and retaining the right team.
- Making tech choices, considering their short and long-term implications.
- Setting and automating processes, paying technical debt, stopping fires when they happen, etc.
Those topics are not visible in the roadmap, but if they are not taken care of in time, they can cause big trouble. They are part of the “hidden roadmap”.
At our SaaSCamp, Samuel Fuentes, CTO at Ontruck, led a discussion about managing those priorities. In this article, I’m going to summarize the areas of consensus and try to open the conversation to a larger audience:
List default keyboard shortcut in Odoo, tested on Linux – Chrome:
- Alt + P: go to next page (or record) (note: FireFox require plus Ctrl key)
- Alt + O: go to previous page (or record) (note: FireFox require plus Ctrl key)
- Alt + K: switch to Kanban view (note: FireFox require plus Ctrl key)
- Alt + L: switch to List (tree) view (note: FireFox require plus Ctrl key)
- Alt + Shift + F: switch to Form view
- Alt + Shift + E: Edit a record
- Alt + Shift + C: Create new record
- Alt + Shift + D: Discard when create / edit record
- Alt + Shift + S: Save record
When shutdown or reboot computer on Linux system (Ubuntu, Ubuntu Gnome etc…) I ussuallty got message “Chrome didn’t shut down correctly” everytime open Google Chrome (v 60.0.3112.101) if before shutdown I did’n close it.
Running Google Chrome on Ubuntu may have some problem with GPU-acceleration, especially when you are using a NVIDIA GPU.
Some problems I have so far:
- CheckerImaging: Disabled
- Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
- Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled
How to know gpu status? type chrome://gpu on address bar
This is not major problem, but when watching Video or using full-screen application you may see screen tearing or slow render pages.
This is a copy from https://github.com/mr-mig/every-programmer-should-know/blob/master/README.md
A collection of (mostly) technical things every software developer should know.
☝️ These are resources I can recommend to every programmer regardless of their skill level or tech stack
Highly opinionated 💣. Not backed by science.
Comes in no particular order ♻️
P.S. You don’t need to know all of that by heart to be a programmer.
But knowing the stuff will help you become better! 💪